Wednesday 10 February 2016

Grey skies are going to clear up. Put on a happy face

Disclaimer: By the time you read this findr should have it's MVP. I certainly have no intention of publishing a public link to this blog until then.

Today looks like this:



Pretty epic huh?

As I write findr is little more than a concept with a prototype....







...a lot of determination. (actually, probably more than that)

and as of last week, seed funding thanks to Apollo Informal Investments!!

But beware, getting here has taken 2 very long, ridiculously difficult years.
Would I have done it if I had known it would take this long? I can't answer that. But this article might give you an insight into the struggle.
 

Have I regretted it? Yes often. Would I do it again? Yes instantly. Being an entrepreneur is the most demoralising yet satisfying thing I've ever done. I've learnt a million things about business to add to what I already know about photography but I've simultaneously become the most boring person in the room...unless you're really interested in findr!

As a huge compliment to our seed funding we've also been accepted for a grant from Innovate UK called the Digital Media Launchpad. 2016 is a very well mapped out research & development exercise to take us from prototype to product.

Along the way I'm going to share what I learn and what I know and why I'm building findr. Beware, you may end up loving our product as much as I do...

See you on the other side x

No comments:

Post a Comment